Commercial Applicators Examination
Testing Center Fee - $45
In addition to a Pesticide Applicator’s License, a Pesticide Contractor’s License is required for
any company or self-employed individual engaged in commercial pesticide applications. For additional
information regarding the Pesticide Contractors License contact The Georgia Department of Agriculture Pesticide
Program (404) 656-4958. To download the Pesticide Contractor’s License, use the following link:
Contractor License Information Sheet
Individuals who wish to obtain a commercial applicator license must pass the general standards
examination, as well as at least one major category examination with a score of 70%. The general
standards exam is designed to test for general knowledge on the use of pesticides, while the
category examinations are more specific to particular types of pesticide application.
Employee Registration Examination
Testing Center Fee - $45
Employee Registration requires that all employees who make inspections, propose treatments, or
apply control procedures, meet the following requirements:
- Attend a minimum of ten hours of classroom training
- Complete 70 hours of supervised "on the job" training
- Take and pass an exam
Certified Pest Control Operator Examination
Testing Center Fee - $45 each category
The Certification Examinations are only available at the participating technical colleges. To qualify to take a certification examination, applicants must meet certain criteria as required by Rule 620-3-.01 of the Rules of the Georgia Structural Pest Control Act. These applications are reviewed by the Georgia Structural Pest Control Commission during the monthly meeting, the second Tuesday of each month. The deadline to submit your application for review is the first day of the month prior to the review month. Notifications of the application status by the Commission will be sent by email to the email address provided when creating account at
www.georgiapestexam.com . If you do not provide an email address you will have to log into your account to view your application status.
All applicants are required to take the General Examination. Examinations in one or more of the categories listed below is required. Applicants shall only test in the approved category(s).
- Category 28: Fumigation. This category includes certified operators using or supervising the use of fumigants, including restricted use fumigants to any structure or enclosed space, or to any compartment for the purpose of controlling insects, rodents or other pests.
- Category 29: Household Pest Control. This category includes certified operators using or supervising the use of pesticides, including a restricted use pesticide, device or practice to control pests including cockroaches, fleas, silverfish, ants, birds, rodents, etc. by any method other than fumigation.
- Category 30: Wood-destroying Organism Control. This category includes certified operators using or supervising the use of pesticides, including a restricted use pesticide any, and all measures for the purpose of controlling termites, powder post beetles, wood boring beetles, wood destroying fungi in structures and/or adjacent outside areas by any means other than fumigation.
Once the application has been approved, applicant will have 60 days to schedule and take exam(s) at one of the participating technical colleges. To schedule an exam, applicant must log into your account and select a location, date and time. After the 60 day period, the approval status will expire, and applicant will be required to submit a new application. Once passing the General Exam and Category Exam(s) the applicant will be provided with a certification license application. Follow the instructions on the application. If applicant holds a current structural pest control certification, send only the application. If you do not have a confirmation number and proper fee, you will not be allowed to take exam even if you are scheduled.
In addition to a Certified Operator License, a Structural Pest Control Company License is required for any company, person or entity advertising, selling or engaging in Structural Pest Control in Georgia. For additional information regarding the Structural Pest Control License contact The Georgia Department of Agriculture Structural Pest Control Section. (404) 656-3641.