Commercial Applicators Examination
Testing Center Fee - $45
In addition to a Pesticide Applicator’s License, a Pesticide Contractor’s License is required for
any company or self-employed individual engaged in commercial pesticide applications. For additional
information regarding the Pesticide Contractors License contact The Georgia Department of Agriculture Pesticide
Program (404) 656-4958. To download the Pesticide Contractor’s License, use the following link:
Contractor License Information Sheet
Individuals who wish to obtain a commercial applicator license must pass the general standards
examination, as well as at least one major category examination with a score of 70%. The general
standards exam is designed to test for general knowledge on the use of pesticides, while the
category examinations are more specific to particular types of pesticide application.
Employee Registration Examination
Testing Center Fee - $45
Employee Registration requires that all employees who make inspections, propose treatments, or
apply control procedures, meet the following requirements:
- Attend a minimum of ten hours of classroom training
- Complete 70 hours of supervised "on the job" training
- Take and pass an exam
Certified Pest Control Operator Examination
Testing Center Fee - $45 each category
All applicants shall test in the General information section. This section covers such information
as the general classification, structure, and biology of pest groups, information on the Georgia
Structural Pest Control Act and Rules of the Structural Pest Control Commission, and the nature and
use of pesticides.
The applicant shall test in one or more of the categories (Household Pest Control, Wood Destroying
Organisms, or Fumigation). The applicant shall only test in the category(s) in which he or she has
been approved. The category exam shall cover such information as the biology and control of specific
pests, pesticides used to control these pests, and Rules and Regulations.
- Category 28: Fumigation. This category includes certified operators using or supervising the use of fumigants, including restricted use fumigants to any structure or enclosed space, or to any compartment for the purpose of controlling insects, rodents or other pests.
- Category 29: Household Pest Control. This category includes certified operators using or supervising the use of pesticides, including a restricted use pesticide, device or practice to control pests including cockroaches, fleas, silverfish, ants, birds, rodents, etc. by any method other than fumigation.
- Category 30: Wood-destroying Organism Control. This category includes certified operators using or supervising the use of pesticides, including a restricted use pesticide any, and all measures for the purpose of controlling termites, powder post beetles, wood boring beetles, wood destroying fungi in structures and/or adjacent outside areas by any means other than fumigation.